What will my first visit be like?
- Your initial appointment will usually consist of a health history review, X-rays, clinical examination, and treatment plan. Typically, treatment can be completed or started the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. Save time at your first visit by completing the New Patient Form online: GO TO NEW PATIENT FORM.
What do I need to bring with me to my first visit?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any X-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- List of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms and/or insurance card(s). This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.), or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
What are my options for payment?
- For your convenience we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us. For more information, view our Financial Options.
- Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage.
- We also accept Care Credit, the credit card for health, beauty, and wellness. Read more about Care Credit here
Do you accept my insurance and will you take care of billing my insurance company?
We make every effort to provide you with the finest care and the most convenient financial options. To accomplish this we work hand-in-hand with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures. Reach us by phone at 641-472-3147 with any questions you may have.
Please bring your insurance information with you to the consultation so that we can expedite reimbursement.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
Keeping your scheduled appointment is important. If you do need to cancel or reschedule, please make every effort to call at least 24 hours in advance so that we may adjust our schedules accordingly. If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours ahead of your scheduled visit, a $25 cancellation fee may be applied to your account. Thank you for understanding and adhering to this policy.
Do you treat children?
Yes! At Holt Family Dental Care, we love to see children of all ages for both routine check-ups and all dental needs.
How often do I need a cleaning?
We recommend that prophylaxis (teeth cleaning) be performed about once every 6 months on average – possibly more often for those with certain conditions.
How can I best take care of my dental needs at home?
The best way to prevent gum disease, tooth decay and other conditions is through effective daily brushing and flossing in addition to regular professional exams and cleanings. Even with the most diligent home dental care, people can develop some form of periodontal disease. Once this disease starts, professional intervention is necessary to prevent its progress.
What are other people saying about Holt Family Dental? Read the testimonials here.